What don’t Scouts do?
At this age, we encourage girls and boys to take responsibility for themselves and each other, with older members leading a small team.
They like being with friends and participating fully in the adventure of life.
In the Troop, scouts:
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn emergency aid
- Spend nights away – the summer camp is often the highlight of the year
- Help others in the community
- Cook, both at home and at camp
- Adventurous and sporting activities – anything from abseiling to zorbing
- Learn survival skills
Below is a short Video from The Scout Association telling you about our founder of Scouting Lord Baden Powell.